Friday, October 19, 2018

2019 Mayoral Candidate Magazine

Image result for amara enyia mayor 2019
For my Fall Humanities class, we studied rhetorical appeals such as ethos, logos, and pathos. Another thing that we focused on was the status quo and how people challenge it. The mayoral Candidate that I have to study is Amara Enyia and she is well over qualified to be Chicago's mayor for 2019. During this unit we visited the Chicago History Museum to view the Dr. MLK Jr exhibit to get ready for our action project (AP). The AP that was assigned this unit was to make a sort of exhibit for our candidates. My classmates and I were encouraged to use the medium of our choice and I decided to create a magazine based on Amara's Candidacy.

In my Magazine you will see an exert from an article about the Jason Van Dyke trial. Amara starts off her thoughts with a declarative statement. By doing so, she mentions how Chicago needs a public safety plan, which is one of her top priorities. Amara uses an imperative sentence when she said "Moreover, we must evaluate how our city budget prioritizes police infrastructure over the necessary investments in an inclusive economy, affordable housing, mental health services, and other components of thriving communities.", its an imperative sentence because she commands us to evaluate. In Amara's text on why she's running, she uses exemplification by explaining why Chicago metaphorically lives in two cities, which I found very interesting
Below, I've made a slideshow to show my magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The inclination & Human impact of Biodiversity

This is my final AP of my senior year. For my class frontiers, I wrote a research paper on one of the Grand Challenges. I chose challenge ...