Sunday, February 16, 2020

Legalize it! The Eleventh State

     For the winter term, I'm taking a class called Equality. In the course, we learn about the history behind societal dynamics and how they affect people within their groups or personal identity through race, class, and gender. I saw many different cases of inequality and individual perspectives on the topic. My classmates and I read Case for Reparations by Ta Nehisi Coates, this was something that I've never looked into before or even had the opportunity to learn about. With looking at different historical events and impacts, as an Action Project I had to follow the guiding question of “How can you retell history?”.
     In recent news, marijuana has been becoming more regulated and decriminalized in the media as well as medical spaces. As of January 1st 2020, recreational use of marijuana became legal in Illinois. I think that it's interesting being able to witness something that was once banned on a federal level slowly become legalized for recreational use. Through this Action Project, I used historical research and perspectives of affected people to make a textbook entry of the legalization of cannabis in the united states but more specifically Illinois.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The inclination & Human impact of Biodiversity

This is my final AP of my senior year. For my class frontiers, I wrote a research paper on one of the Grand Challenges. I chose challenge ...